PreK,K-2 P.E. Teacher
6-8 P.E. Teacher
Physical Education at Barre Town Middle and Elementary School
Physical Education Goal:
Physical Education contributes to the growth and development of the individual. The PE program will provide positive and successful experiences that promote physical, social, mental, and emotional well being. Through the use of sequential and developmentally appropriate movement challenges, each student will acquire the skills and knowledge to make healthy choices for a physically active life.
National Standards for K-12 Physical Education:
- Standard 1- The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 2- The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3- The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4- The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5- The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.